We all need an occasional boost in mood and energy! Am I right?
Try these 5 foods for an almost instant energizer to your mind, body, and soul!
1. Feeling tired this morning? Grab a banana before you head out the door! Bananas are one of the best energizing fruits and ultimate mood boosters. Packed with potassium and Vitamin B, bananas help slow digestion, keep you feeling full, and help sustain energy release!
2. Dehydrate raw coconut and eat on top of yogurt, drink a glass of raw coconut milk or coconut water! Coconut is a healthy fat full of medium chain triglycerides which convert into energy. Coconut awakens your mind and keeps you feeling sharp throughout the day. Ditch the chips and grab a bag of dried coconut shreds instead!
3. One of the best vegetables to boost your mood and fuel your body is the superfood, kale! That’s right! Containing copper, iron, and potassium, this veggie certainly is the all around mood booster. Eat it dehydrated in chip form, or in a lightly sautéed salad. Remember not to overcook kale as that could cause it to lose its nutritional value.
4. Wild caught salmon is the perfect menu option if you’re looking for a mood booster and energizer. Packed with B Vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids, this seafood item is a great addition to your weekly meal plans boosting your brain activity and circulation!
5. Head to your local food store and stock up on your favorite nuts: almonds, cashews, pecans, and hazelnuts. Keep them in portioned out reusable snack bags ready to consume at a moments notice. Take them to work and avoid unhealthy binge eating. Nuts are high in magnesium and provide more energy than a cup of coffee! You know what that means! It’s time to add nuts to your grocery list!
Give these 5 foods a try and see your energy turn around, your brain activity performs, and your mood boost!